Sinister Jack's

Sinister Jack's
It's that time of year here in my Blog of Geekdom.

Saturday, October 25, 2014

A creepy trick on Roberto and Iris with undead results.....

The Halloween season is not only a time for treats, it is also a time for tricks.  Being mischievous is quite commonplace this time of year.  Perhaps slipping a rubber worm in the popcorn bowl of your girlfriend while watching a horror flick gives you a chuckle.  Or perhaps popping out of a closet dressed as Michael Myers on an unsuspecting friend might give you a thrill.  Even digging up a human carcass at the local graveyard and propping it up in a rocking chair on your neighbor's front porch can get your blood bubbling.  Ok, that last one could be considered a bit extreme.  But, if you want to go all out, you have to take it to extremes.  It's Halloween fercrisakes!

I believe I may have gone a bit above and beyond on a very dark, elaborate trick I've put into motion recently.  It all started with my good friends Roberto and Iris trying to decide on a vacation destination for a late fall trip.  Of course late fall is the prime of the Halloween season.  Thus, it is the time of year when the living are very perceptive to the presence of the spirits of the dead.  This equation had the few gears in my feeble little mind start turning.

It had been a long time since I had the pleasure of orchestrating a situation to scare the living bajeezers out of some people while at the same time putting them in some paranormal peril.

Roberto told me that Iris was all over the internet looking for some sort of lake house to rent or northern woods log cabin to stay at, but she couldn't find anyplace that had availability with short notice or was that affordable this time of year.

When they brought the subject up with me, I saw my "in".

"Well, I saw this place on the Travel Channel that is in a quaint town called Liberty Square."  I told Iris.  "It's a big old colonial house that overlooks a river.  It's called Gracey Manor.  Trust me, it sounds like a great place for the family to unwind."

"Aww, Zangz", Roberto replied, "that sounds awesome!"

Then Iris said to me, "Ya know, we trust you so much that I will try and book us a stay without doing any on-line research at all!"

"That sounds groovy guys!"  It was hard for me to hide my sheer, dark, sadistic joy.  Love Iris and Roberto as much as I do, I have to put them through their paces every once in a while.

Now most of what I said was true.  There is a big old house on a river in Liberty Square called Gracey Manor that has been featured on the Travel Channel.  What I left out was the fact that it was featured on the show "The Most Really Frackin' Haunted Places On This Mother Frellin' Planet That If You Value Your Family's Life As Well As Your Own And Have Half  Brain, You Need To Stay The Frack Away From"

You see, the house has a bit of a history to it.  A very long time ago the very wealthy, Master Yale Gracey fell in love with a beautiful girl by the name of Emily and asked for her hand in marriage.  He built Gracey Manor for them to spend the rest of their lives together in.  But, Yale had a bit of an interest in the occult and spiritualism that he hid from her.  From the shadows his personal medium and spiritualist adviser, Madame Leota, lusted for him from afar.  On the night of Emily and Yale's wedding Madame Leota murdered Emily with an axe and hid her body in a chest in the attic of the large house.  When Emily's body was discovered, Yale took his own life by hanging himself in the foyer.  Once Madame Leota was found guilty, she was sentenced to execution by decapitation.  After all, this was back in the days where what was perceived as witchcraft was not tolerated by the superstitions of the puritanical.

Good thing Iris didn't see the program, or the jig would have been up.  The show interviewed several paranormal experts who are all in a agreement that the house is haunted up to the gills.  There are reports of at least 999 separate ghostly entities that lurk about the grounds.  Master Gracey's disembodied voice can be heard throughout the home on occasion.  It is said that Emily's ghost can be seen in the attic holding the very axe that killed her.  Madame Leota is said to give an eternal seance with he severed head eternally entrapped in the very crystal ball she used to summon the many ghosts that haunt the halls of Gracey Manor.

Statues sing and stare as paintings change their appearance before witnesses' very eyes.  Candles float down darkened halls as doors rattle and slam.  Decayed corpses try and pry themselves out of old coffins.  I haven't even mentioned what goes on in the adjacent graveyard at night.  I forgot to tell Roberto and Iris that there's a graveyard, didn't I.

I'm sure they'll be just fine, though.  They both have a pretty strong fortitude when it comes to the unkown..... most of the time.  Hope they brought their ten-siders to make some percentage sanity rolls (major geek reference)

When, or if they come back in one piece, they'll have quite the stories to tell.  I'm such a little weisenhiemer, aren't I?

From BigFatPanda YouTube Channel

Until next time, stay vertical.

Zangz.

No comments:

Post a Comment