Sinister Jack's

Sinister Jack's
It's that time of year here in my Blog of Geekdom.

Monday, September 12, 2005

The Grace of a Touch of Sunlight....

This weekend was slightly on the cruddy side for me, after the incident of with Fire Cracker Boy (see previous post!) my favorite watch broke and I found out they discontinued the model and I had to buy a new one. Then my last beer from my 6 pack of Octoberfest spilled on my carpet and I had to clean it up while being left with an empty bottle, then I found out that my favorite local haunted attraction (Terror on Rural Street) will be closing it's doors this year. I mean it was one dingleberry after the next recently.

But then, this very morning, I got some wonderful news that put a lot into perspective. My good friends Roberto DelAmorte and his lovely wife Iris Von Beaverhousen gave birth to a beautiful baby girl last night after nearly 40 friggin' hours of labor. The little one decided to arrive early by a few weeks, but I think Iris was just as ready as the kid to get things moving. I'm told that both mom and child are doing fine. So Hazzah for them! (says Zangz dressed as a renaissance harlequin while throwing confetti up into the air while sitting alone at his computer.... Wishing he would have gone to the local Ren Fair to get good use of his little outfit... looking pathetic.)

Ok in other news, quite a bit more geeky and less life changing....

I finally got through the frellin' dance mission in GTA: SA! So now I'm well into the game again and I've opened up a garage in San Fiero (by the way, I'm talking about the video game Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. Read past posts!). So I got that going for me.

I'm looking forward to the Tim Burton animated movie Corpse Bride. Unlike a lit of people attracted to the macabre, I never really got into Nightmare Before Christmas. The whole idea of mixing Christmas with Halloween is basphemous to myself being a hard core Halloween fan. But Corpse Bride looks like it's 100% in the macabre mode! No Santa to mess up the feel of this one!

Was that Xena's Lucy Lawless I saw on Friday night's Battlestar Galactica? Frell, she looks different! She's gone blond. I didn't notice who it was until 10 minutes after her character appeared. Either she really looks quite different or I'm king of the dullards.

What else? Oh, my friend, Capt. Mereel, went to DragonCon this past week. DragonCon is in the same vein as Gen Con when it comes to fantasy / game fairs except it's in Atlanta, GA. From the photos she pointed out, it looks like they all had a fantastic time! She did take offense at some of the costumed girls who were more scantily than clad. Personally, I don't see the problem. ;-)

See ya...

Zangz.




No comments:

Post a Comment