Sinister Jack's

Sinister Jack's
It's that time of year here in my Blog of Geekdom.

Friday, September 02, 2005

The Fires of Robhain Shall Burn Eternal....


Although it's a three day weekend and I have a cook out to go to every day this weekend, I don't have too much to blog about tonight, except for the fact that tomorrow's cook out is known as Robhain!

Robhain is the birthday party of my friend, Roberto DelAmorte, as thrown by his lovely wife, Iris Von Beaverhousen. Those of you who have a woman who throws you an extravagant, no holds bared, blood filled birthday bash should consider yourselves among the very few and very lucky! This celebration, that's not only a birthday party but, also a welcoming of the fall months, usually starts out with witty banter, drinking and some noshing, but usually ends up with some form of junkyard wars meets horror-show contests and then accumulates with a bon fire, blood letting and someone leaving with a missing appendage. Just the way Roberto likes it!!! The photo within this blog is from a Robhain ceremony a few years past. As you can see a dark sence of humor and a strong constitution is required. I hope he likes the gift that I got him as I had to perform "favors" to some tall guy with a "boomstick" to get it. That's all I'll say on that matter (...says Zangz, with a tear rolling down his eye).

But, let's move onto something less disturbing. I think it's time for another edition of.....

WEBSITE OF THE MOMENT:

Clyde Caldwell.com
Clyde Caldwell is one of the most renowned fantasy / gaming artists out there today. His artwork has been published in many of the gaming manuals of the most popular role playing games on the shelves! His artwork is also no stranger to many fantasy novels and books. He has a special eye for illustrating beautiful, strong female warriors (is it any wonder this guy's work is appreciated by the geeks of the world).

I had a chance to talk with the guy a few times back when Gen Con was in Milwaukee (Don't get me started on that again!) and he seemed very nice and down to earth. He also had a cover model, named Christine who would dress as an Amazon warrior at his booth for us geeks to ogle awkwardly at (She didn't even call security on me, like the others had. Props to her!). The last time I ran into Clyde was a few years ago when I unexpectedly saw him at a haunted attraction know as "Terror On Rural Street" (more on that place during the Halloween season). I saw him walking out with his wife. I didn't say anything to him because I was with some friends who were in a hurry to get inside.

Since I'm now off the subject of Clyde Caldwell and onto haunted attractions, I think I shall retire for the evening and enjoy a nice cigar outside.

Until next time, "Let the Fires of Robhain bring peace and Hapiness to your Lives... while also summoning the dead". See ya!

Zangz.


No comments:

Post a Comment