Sinister Jack's

Sinister Jack's
It's that time of year here in my Blog of Geekdom.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Another Haunting Podcast!


Yep. A new podcast is up at Zangz's Pod of Geekdom, and this one is part 2 in a 3 part Halloween series that focuses on Haunted Attractions. This time around I have my fellow haunt buddy, Roberto DelAmorte, with me as I ramble on about haunts that we've visited in past Halloween seasons. So, by all means, check it out. You can download it either flash, MP3 or iTune. And you can find it right HERE.


In other quick news, a group of us haunt fans traveled over hill and dell to find some killer haunts. First we checked out the return of Terror on Rural Street. In a nutshell, this haunt was pretty good with a really creepy facade, some good art direction and a few good scares. I'm not sure that is was as good as it has been in years past, probably due to the fact that it just overcame a huge legal battle and a last minute "go a head" to proceed. But it was still worth the visit!!!

Then we creepedt our way over to the Meadowbrook Farm's Haunted Cornmaze Adventure. Even though it was really friggin' cold, we still had a great time traversing the huge stalks and constantly running into creepy tableau's during our half our journey. The pirate ship was a highlight. However, some of the set ups our getting a little old. But I still marvel at the amount of hand made props and the length of the attraction.

The next evening we headed up to Green Bay to visit Terror on the Fox. We'd heard quite a few ravings about this place and were excited to finally get to see it. Let me tell you, this was the
most visually intricate haunt we visited this year and in a very long time! From the facade to the cave dwellings inside, the artistry that is put into the sets out rank the mass majority of local haunts I've ever visited. The only major complaint was that it was a little on the short side. I was trying to pace myself so I could see all the incredible sets and props, but it still seemed to be over just as things were getting started.

I'm hoping Roberto and I will get a chance to babble about it in the next Podcast of Geekdom which will be the last of the 3 part Halloween/Haunted Attraction series.


I'm taking a sabbatical this weekend, so sorry kids, no haunts this week. But, I'm hoping to do something Halloweenesqe by the end of this month. So we'll see what we can do and let you know about it.

Until next time, make sure you do something spooky this week!

Zangz.

No comments:

Post a Comment